Landing in Psezuapse (1839)

Landing in Psezuapse (1839)
История
admin
Фото: Адыги.RU
20:25, 12 февраль 2020
223
0
At eight o'clock in the morning on July 7, 1839, a squadron of ships of the Black Sea Fleet stood opposite the mouth of the Psezuapse River. The ships “John Zlatoust”, “Empress Catherine II”, “Memory of Eustathius”, “Adrianopol”, “Sultan Makhmud” and “Silistra”, frigates “Tenedos”, “Brailov”, “Agatopol”, brig “Mercury”, tender “ Hurried ", the ships" Kolkhida "and" Gromonosets "brought the troops, weapons, building materials for the construction of the fort and a two-month supply of products for the soldiers. All the surrounding mountains in the Psezuapse river valley were plowed almost to the top. The Shapsug tribe of the goy, or goya, lived there. They, together with the Ubykhs, participated in military campaigns and were under their protection.
Landing in Psezuapse (1839)
At eight o'clock in the morning on July 7, 1839, a squadron of ships of the Black Sea Fleet stood opposite the mouth of the Psezuapse River. The ships “John Zlatoust”, “Empress Catherine II”, “Memory of Eustathius”, “Adrianopol”, “Sultan Makhmud” and “Silistra”, frigates “Tenedos”, “Brailov”, “Agatopol”, brig “Mercury”, tender “ Hurried ", the ships" Kolkhida "and" Gromonosets "brought the troops, weapons, building materials for the construction of the fort and a two-month supply of products for the soldiers.
All the surrounding mountains in the Psezuapse river valley were plowed almost to the top. The Shapsug tribe of the goy, or goya, lived there. They, together with the Ubykhs, participated in military campaigns and were under their protection.
The Circassians had information that the landing force would land on the right bank of the river. This was confirmed by the location line of the Russian ships. The mountaineers organized a defense there. They crowded on all sides to this place.
But Lieutenant General Rajewski and Major General Kotzebue decided that it was better to land on the more convenient left bank. Then, waiting for the arrival of troops and artillery, go to the right bank and lay a fortress there.
From the ships along the coast they opened artillery fire. It lasted a quarter of an hour. Circassians ran over the ravines. Rowing ships with troops moved to the left bank. Major General Kotzebue commanded the landing guard.
It was planned to spend two flights. Usually between the landing of the first and second units took a half hour. But this time more than four passed because of the storm.
The troops of the first landing occupied the top of the mountain that dominates the left bank. In anticipation of the second flight, they were forced to hold a huge territory for a long time. This led the Highlanders astray. They decided that the Russians would remain on the left bank and build a new fortress there. The Circassians rushed there, making a large detour to avoid artillery fire from ships. When they were already in the middle of the slope, the Russian troops suddenly abruptly retreated to the foot of the mountain. Major General Olszewski, with a joint ground battalion commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Danzas and two light guns, quickly crossed the mouth of the river to the right bank. They took the position planned for the construction of the fortress. And they began to make a notch. Highlanders reached the top of the mountain. Not encountering resistance and not finding anyone there, they understood their tactical mistake. By the same detour they rushed back to the shore they left behind and gathered in droves on the right bank of the hill.
Major General Kotzebue and his battalion marched through the forest and bush in their direction. The soldiers stopped at a distance of a shot from the Circassians. The mountaineers continued the exchange of fire, but did not begin the oncoming offensive. Soon they were pushed back from the plains to the hills. The operation of taking a springboard to build a new fortress in the mouth of Psezuapse was completed.
To eliminate the possibility of surprise attacks from the Highlanders, the forest around the camp was cut down. But minor clashes with the Circassians occurred almost daily.
The fortification was named Lazarevsky Fort in honor of Admiral MP Lazarev. He was almost a copy of the Golovinsky fort, slightly differing in the location of the inner fortress structures.
Ctrl
Enter
Заметили ошЫбку
Выделите текст и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Обсудить (0)


Загрузка...
х